Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Our HAPPY Week!

The second week of May is always a happy one in our house…but it wasn’t always that way.  I used to be annoyed that Mother’s Day, Our Anniversary and Chuck’s birthday were all in the same week…sometimes I felt “gyped” of Mother’s Day.  Then I realized that all the things that mean the most to me are celebrated in that one week.  So now it’s my Happy Week!
Mother’s Day was wonderful….I came home from a Mary Kay event Saturday morning and the house we SPOTLESS!  Now that makes a HAPPY MOMMY! The next morning I got to sleep in and then had my favorite breakfast made for me…German pancakes!  Church was great and everyone even got ready without arguing…ahhh…VERY happy Mommy!
When we got home I was forced out of the kitchen to read & rest while Chuck and the kids made dinner.  2 hours later a yummy dinner was ready. Thanks guys!!! But the best gift of all was when Chuck was talking to my mom and said, “From start to cleanup, it took my 4 hours to do dinner!  It’s a lot of work….I don’t know how she does it! I have a renewed appreciation for what Maria does.”  Awwwww…..such a sweet thing to say. Smile 
DSCN0903
This is the flower that Lydia colored for me in Primary.  It had little things she loves about me.  They were all cute but the best one was….
DSCN0906
My Mom Is Good At: ‘doing flips on the trampoline’!

I laughed SOOOOO hard! I haven't done trampoline flips for years...not quite sure what she's hoping for but it made me smile...and laugh...out loud...for a long time! :)

Chuck turned 39 on the 15th...he's SO old! :) The kids made decorated the house and we made treats for him that he could open with his gifts.  He's a pretty awesome Daddy so he deserved it all!


That night we went to Boulevard Steakhouse---I had a groupon so we saved a little bit of money but it was a pricey night!  Worth it, though, according to Chuck.  He had that "relaxed" feeling again---the same one that he had while we were on our Anniversary trip in Eureka Springs.  That gift is worth anything.  Love, love, love having my husband feel relaxed and happy on his birthday.

DSCN0908

Bananas Foster with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream for dessert…a little bit of heaven in your mouth!

DSCN0909

No comments: