Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Grandma Davie...a beautiful woman and beautiful life.





 Sometimes someone so wonderful comes into our lives that we can't help but be changed forever...for the better.  On January 3, 2013 one of the most loving, kind, generous, Christ-like women left this earth to be with her family and our Savior, Jesus Christ.  Chuck's Grandma Kathryn Davie passed away....she was a light in our lives and will be missed but we're so happy that she is in a better place. 



 



So...since I'm writing this blog, I get to share my feelings right? Even though she's Chuck's Grandma? The truth is, she felt like my own Grandma....since I met her in 9th grade! She came to all of our band concerts and at the time that Chuck and I were "together" she won my heart.  I have 2 very special grandmas myself---Grandma Fay, who passed away when I was 9---I feel so blessed that I got to spend a month with her in her Canada the summer before she passed away.  Grandma Vernell---who I got my middle name from.  She passed away when I was 16 but had Alzheimers and was not herself for many years prior to her death.  I still felt very close to her...even through her illness, and grieved terribly at both of their deaths.  I still remember both of my Grandma's birthdays as well as they days they passed away, every year, despite being so young when they passed.  That said, when Chuck and I started dating, got engaged and were married, one of the greatest blessings I gained (after Chuck, of course!) was an amazing Mother in law and having a Grandma again.  I loved being at her house so much....the hugs, the love, the food, the laughs, the pictures, the traditions---all of it.  I loved it!  I loved it so much that when Sadie was born a week before Easter Sunday, she was just too little to take to dinner and the Easter Egg hunt at Grandma & Grandpa Davie's---I literally cried when I couldn't go.  I was so sad because I finally had that love, that only a Grandma can give, in my life again.  No surprise, though---Grandma sent a goody bag full of Easter treats and money home for me with Chuck.  (she always slipped us money as we were leaving!)









 So...I find it no coincidence that Grandma Davie was born on the same day as my Grandma Vernell....2 of the most influential and special women in my life.  And then....again....no coincidence that she passed away on my Mom's--THE most influential person in my life----birthday, January 3rd---such special women share special days in my life. 

Lydia was named after Grandma....her middle name is Kathryn and I'm so happy that she has such an incredible person to be her namesake and who she can leave a legacy for.  We love you Grandma and can't wait until we see you again!

3 comments:

She-Mulk said...

So sorry for your loss. She sounds like a beautiful woman (inside and out). I can imagine the sadness you feel. My grandma Dennis is having a lot of health problems and I don't expect her to be here much longer. It makes me sad. How grateful I am for the knowledge of eternal families and that they are so much closer,even in death, than we realize. Hugs to all of you!

Kathie said...

I love your blog. This is a beautiful tribute to grandma. She was a very special mom and grandma.
I love all of your special Christmas memories too! What a beautiful family. Love you all!

Celeste said...

What a beautiful post & memorial for such a special lady. You're right - those shared birthdays is extraordinary! Especially that they are all such influential women!