Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Christmas Top Ten List

10-Started the Holiday’s off in the B-E-S-T way possible with a visit from my sister, LaDawn!!!! She brought her 2 little cuties, Ethan & Grayden and we had a blast together! Played in the leaves (and we have A LOT of them!), went to the zoo, looked at christmas lights & took the boys on their first plane ride!!!
9-LaDawn and I flew back to SLC and continued our sister time where I got to help my niece, Madison, make her shawl, boutonniere and hairpiece for her winter formal dress. I know that doesn’t seem like such a big deal but since we live so far away, I don’t get to do that kind of stuff so I LOVED it!
8-Another SLC perk was that I got to go to the Mary Kay Sales Director Christmas Party….I haven’t gone for YEARS….LIKE OVER 12 YEARS! It was so much fun to see my friends, especially Allison, Susi & Tammy. I also got to have dinner with Kimberlie and Kathie---love my inlaws. I’m so blessed!
7- Liam had his choir concert…they sounded great and I loved watching Liam up there. What an awesome Mr. Man!
6- Briggs got his Bobcat in Cub Scouts. It was so fun to see him at pack meeting…he was so proud!
5- Sadie had her band concert…seriously…I don’t think our High School band sounded that good!
4- Chuck has always wanted to sing in The Mormon Tabernacle Choir…unfortunately, you have to live in Utah to do that! A 1300 mile commute twice a week for performances and rehearsals would be a little crazy! Well he got the next best thing….Craig Jessop, former director of the MoTab, came to Oklahoma for a performance with the local LDS congregations. They rehearsed for months and the final result was breathtaking!!! I was blown away---it brought tears to my eyes. WOW!
3-Having my parents come for Christmas was a treat! We realized a year or so ago that they’ve always been travelling at Christmas so this year they came to our house. We loved it! I think my favorite part though was celebrating Boxing Day with our families traditional Boxing Day Dinner---roast beef, potatoes & gravy, Yorkshire pudding, craisin salad & especially Carrot Pudding for dessert! I know…sounds a little Harry Potterish but those traditional English/Canadian foods sure make me happy!!!
2- Having our traditional Nazarene Supper on Christmas Ever. We were even featured in the Oklahoman! Cut and paste the following link…it wasn’t 100% accurate…we don’t actually eat off wooden bowls, but the funny thing is that my sister Heidi actually sent me some for Christmas…we opened them the day after so we didn’t actually “fib” in the article! J
http://newsok.com/oklahomans-share-their-families-christmas-eve-traditions/article/3740181?custom_click=rss
1-Christmas is always fun….we love opening gifts, seeing the smiles and excitement but mostly, we love celebrating our Savior, His birth, His life & ministry and His ultimate sacrifice and Atonement. We hope you all felt His love and blessings during the holidays and that you feel that every day in 2013!

No comments: