Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sadie’s Girls Camp…I mean Camp Shee-Shee!

I remember church girls camp when I was younger…putting up tents, digging trenches around them because it ALWAYS rained, sleeping on the ground (hoping that we got all the rocks out of the way so we didn’t end up sleeping on one!), making fires, cooking food over the fire, cleaning up the meal, backpacking, outhouses (one year we didn’t even have that!), no showers---if we wanted to get “clean” we went bumb-sliding down the Provo River! Ahhhh….so many great lessons learned, so much fun, so many great memories!  We actually called it ROUGH camp, not girls camp…and the name fit! I loved it!!!

Fast forward 20 years and my daughter is going to girls camp...this is actually her 3rd year and the first year I drove them up and COULDN’T BELIEVE the camp!  J-E-A-L-O-U-S!  Camp Shee-Shee is more like it!!!  They have cabins, AIR CONDITIONED cabins, flush toilets, showers, bunk beds WITH MATTRESSES, a mess hall and get this….A COOK!!!  Gee whiz….jealous much?  Seriously, they have SO much fun and it’s like HOTEL GIRLS CAMP! Here’s a picture of Sadie and her friends when I dropped them off this year.  Good times, good times! Smile

photo (51)

photo (50)

1 comment:

Lelani said...

It was the same in Texas .. I told the girls they went to girls spa, not camp.