Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

CRAZY FOR CUPCAKES!

Ok, I love, love, love cupcakes! But it KILLS me to spend $3.50 on them so I’ve attempted to make my own fancy cupcakes and it’s pretty much been an epic fail.  So, I occasionally will pop into the little cupcake “shee-shee” boutiques as I like to call them.  Out of the 3 that I’ve been to, these were BY FAR the B-E-S-T!!! They are from Pinkitzel in Edmond (there’s one in Bricktown, OKC too)  and unfortunately, it’s less than 5 minutes from my house!  YIKES!  It’s going to take some will-power to stay away!  Ok, I’ll just go every once in awhile!  Sadie and I went in just to look around a few minutes before closing and were going to share “a” cupcake.  (seriously, there’s enough frosting on these for 6 cupcakes! Sharing is the ONLY way I could eat one without feeling terribly guilty!) The lady said, “just one?” to which we answered yes.  She boxed it up in a huge box and when I told her we didn’t need that big of a box for 1 cupcake she said… “Well, I put a few extra tester cupcakes in there for you!” How sweet!!!  What great customer service!!!  And when we opened the box up, this is what we found!

SCORE!!!

photo (53)

My “sharing” a cupcake guilt went out the door…my will power crumbled and I had a bite of all of them!  My favorite was the Carrot Cake and the Strawberry Shortcake but Lydia loved the I Want Candy one, while Sadie and the boys loved the Cookie Dough (with a ball of cookie dough in the middle of the cupcake!) and the Cherry Chocolate. 

photo (52)

See what I mean by the frosting?  Yeow! We cut them all up so everyone could have a little bite of each….I wish I would have saved the box.  The presentation was so pretty but we ripped into it too fast. Smile  Anyway, YUM, YUM, YUMMY kudos go out to Pinkitzel!  We’ll be back (but not too often…I could become addicted!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to take Caroline.....You need to try Sara, Sara cupcakes, they are the same pice and wonderful too.

The Bunker Family said...

Well, you'll have to come back to visit and go to Georgetown Cupcake with me! They have a show on TLC called DC Cupcakes - it's run by two sisters. Anywhoo, enjoy your cupcakes!