Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy TURKEY Day!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday…I love to cook but I don’t have to buy and wrap gifts! I love that part about Christmas, but I love just being with family and friends and enjoying good food. 

100_6263

Because we’ve had such a crazy past 6 weeks, we opted not to go to Dan & Celeste’s house.  Major SAD face! Sad smile We REALLY wanted to go but it was just too much. We missed our cousins a lot and can’t wait to see them at Christmas!!!

We invited our great friends the Milligans over and one of Lydia’s favorite friends from church, Delene.  She was her substitute teacher a few times and she LOVES her…Lydia calls her “my happy teacher”.  It was a nice dinner with special friends!

100_6265

100_6266100_6267

100_6268

photo

This is my pieced together pie crust.  Since Chuck is eating Gluten and Dairy free, I tried really hard to make dinner that he could eat and enjoy but that everyone else could enjoy too!  That said, gluten free pie crust is SO hard to work with that it takes FOREVER to roll out.  3 hours to make 2 pies! Sheesh!  By then it was so late that I was exhausted and ready for bed, but they also take much longer to cook so I was up REALLY late cooking them.  But………………I fell asleep and one of them cooked for 4 hours! Toasty yumminess!!!  Blaaa! So, instead of attempting more gluten free crust, I figured Chuck would be ok with just one pie so I sent him to the store to get pie crust (I was NOT even going to try making regular crust!) and they were out of the rolled out ones so he brought some that were already in the pie tin.  And hence here is my pieced together crust.  We put the smiley face mouth on so that it would kind of cover up the seams.  So….it’s been a pieced together Thanksgiving but we all still have a smile on our face!!! 

p.s. it was a YUMMY PIE! Smile

No comments: