Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Love at home?

As I talk to other moms I realize that we are not alone in the dilemna of feeling Love at Home. :) In our church we have a song that says, "There is beauty all around, when there's love at home...." When I was growing up we heard someone change the words to, "There is beauty all around, when there's NO ONE home!" That became our unofficial family song, much to my mothers chagrin! Now, as a mom, I realize why she was frustrated (and sometimes, why it's true! But don't tell my kids that!) because we try so hard to have a home filled with love and kindness......yeah right! :) I cherish those moments that everyone is kind and happy now and I'm constantly trying to figure out how to make them come more frequently. So we've created the SFF!!! (I'm trying to make a close correlation to BFF!) SFF stands for Secret Family Friend!!! Tonight at dinner everyone got an assignment for a SFF---here's what it said:

Congratulations! ________________________ is your

Secret Family Friend! (SFF)

For the next 2 weeks you should show extra love to _____________through your actions. Don’t judge, criticize or talk mean to them…..watch for good things they do and the positive things about their characters. Spend "special time" with them. Write them little love notes and do secret acts of service for them. Most importantly, PRAY for them! We’ll report back in 2 weeks.

Good luck!


I am hoping that this will work....I'll keep trying....and trying....and trying! :) Sorry Mom for all the grief we gave you....and thank you even more for never giving up. :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Good luck with that. Sounds like a fun idea. Let me know if it works. I am stocking up on good parenting ideas while I can!

WARNERS said...

love the sff idea! Maybe I'll borrow it?