Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Thanks for your prayers for my Mom

As many of you know, my mom had a hysterectomy last Friday and was also diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer.  It's Stage 1, so we're very thankful for that and very prayerful and faithful that the chemotherapy will work and that she'll be with us for many more years.  I want to thank everyone for their love and prayers.  I've had calls & e-mails from Texas, Stillwater, Utah, Kansas, Nevada etc....and they were all so sweet.  You truly are strengthening us and we feel your love and prayers. 
 
We obviously went to Kansas to see Mom as soon as we heard the news----and so did the rest of the family!  We had a "mini" reunion with 16 of the 20 grandkids there (poor mom!) and every sibling but Dan was able to make it. He's in Iraq but since he's and OBGYN and this is his area of expertise they have given him a few weeks to come home! Yahoo!  So, he's actually here and will go to see Mom this week.  Mom joked around that she had to get cancer to have everyone come see her!  NOT TRUE!  But like I said before, she's doing well.  Thanks for your love!

3 comments:

easywriter said...

Maria.... Sorry to hear about your mom. I am so glad she is doing better. I didn't know about it at all. I am sorry I am so out of touch still. I keep loosing all your address. Slap me on the hand. Brian actually told me about your mom a little while ago. I am glad to ear that she is doing better. Its so nice to see what all of you are up too. I miss you all so much. Since my stroke... even though I am basically fine...and I am amazingly... I have been more scatterbrained then usual. And as usual I am so sorry. Please give my love to your mom and all the rest of all you wonderful people. I love and miss you all. Dawna :o)

Our Dowland Journal said...

Oh my goodness! We had no idea, no one told us! Tell her we love her and that we will be thinking of her and the whole family! We love you all!

robbin said...

i hope everything is going well! ill be thinking and praying for you and your mom! miss ya guys!