Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ice Storms, Arizona & Some of my FAVORITE people!

Ahhhh.....Arizona!  I was so blessed to leave the ice storms & school closings in Oklahoma and visit beautiful Arizona for my annual Mary Kay Leadership Conference last week.  I couldn't have picked a better time to go because we literally had school closing etc...because of the ice storms.  My mom was here and she truly is a saint...THANKS MOM for helping!  She got more than she bargained for!!!  Anyway, a HUGE highlight of the trip was seeing my cousin Jim and his wife, Mandi and family!  Jim and Mandi truly are some of my favorite people.  Funny story....Jim is actually my second cousin I'd only met a few times (since he lived in Montana) and had heard many of the stories about him---he was quite the rebel! He's a year younger than me and needless to say, when I found out a few months before coming home from my mission that he was living with my family, I was LESS than thrilled! All I remembered was his mullet haircut and that he wasn't very nice! (sorry Jim!)  Well, I was wrong.  I found out that he was a new man...literally, and we became fast friends. He and his wife are THE BEST and it was such a treat to see them and their sweet little family.  I love you guys!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

Wow - I had no idea you had ice storms and school closings! When was that??