Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cute Pink Cast!

We went to the doctor yesterday and they put this cute pink cast on Lydia. It was definitely a spiral fracture of the tibia and honestly, I was so glad they put the cast on! Sunday and Monday were very hard days as the pain started wearing off for Lydia and she wanted to get down and move around! It was like Sacrament Meeting ALL day (and we all know how fun it to sit through an hour of church with an 18 month old:) trying to keep her from bearing any weight on it! Aughhhh! So, she's adjusting to it---she can't quite walk yet, but can crawl around and basically "drag" her leg behind her. It's so sad! But she's getting used to it and was much happier today. We go back in on March 17th and they expect to take it off then. Feel free to come on over and sign her "ow" as she calls it!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Poor Lydia! : ( I love your choice with the hot pink cast! When I was 6 I broke my arm and I got a hot pink cast! But my mom didn't allow me to have anyone write on it! :( I hope she gets better soon!!!

Douglas, Anita, Gracie, & Marley said...

Poor girl. At least she has a hard cast now. I can't imagine trying to keep Marley from Running around. We hope she feels better soon!

Laura said...

I'll have to let Jaycee come over and see her. She'll love the cast! At least she doesn't have to wear it for too long.

Anonymous said...

We had a trip to the ER about a year and a half ago. Amazingly it was for Moriah. We thought, like you, that Daison would be the one, or even the reason. Sorry that your little baby has to go through that.

I noticed that you said Sadie is a book work--so is Moriah. I signed her up for a Goodreads account so she could keep track of all the books she has read. She is at about 450 books!!! Anyway, it is super fun for her. You should look into it for Sadie--you can block who she can be friends with and who can see her profile. It seems safe to me. You can look mine up-I think you can see mine. Just go to goodreads.com and type in my name.

Anonymous said...

Sweet girl! I love the color choice. I can't imagine trying to keep an 18 mo. old still for that long. I am super-impressed. I hope all goes well and she gets it off on the 17th!