Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2 Tornado stories

I just thought I'd share a few personal close calls from 2 of my friends.  Kylee, my office assistant, works as at the Waterloo Baptist Church Mother's Day Out program and they were also in lockdown because the tornado was coming up Waterloo Rd.!  They lost all power and cell phone use and just sat there in the dark waiting....and praying! Luckily they weren't hit, but the gas station a few 100 feet away was and the whole area was closed down because of the gas leaks. Scary!
 
Tammy Nixon, a good friend and the director I do my MK trainings with had 8 homes at the entrance of her subdivision hit...less that 1/2 a mile away!  Power lines were down everywhere and they couldn't get out of their subdivision except for by the back roads. 
 
Thankfully, everyone is safe and in Edmond there were no fatalities.  Others South of us weren't so lucky...I've heard that anywhere from 8-15 have been found dead and they had to suspend the searches about 1 am this morning because of the live wires and debris. Keep them in your prayers!

3 comments:

Anita said...

It was my first real tornado! Kind of nervewracking... glad to hear you made it ok!

Celeste said...

Omigosh...woah. This hits close to home now. I am so glad y'all are OK, OK, OK, OK, Oklahoma!!!!....OK! I called last night and was very worried. Dan

ranae said...

So glad you guys are OK. I heard the new reports that day and searched the internet to see exactly where they touched down at. Glad to hear you were safe.