Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Ahhhhhh Christmas!!!

Christmas is always a wonderful time of the year---this year was especially wonderful because a dear friend of mine, Melissa Hammer, told me about a book last year that helped her family have a more Christ-centered Christmas. Kathie bought it for me earlier this year---I read it in November and LOVED it. 5046913_christ_centered_product

It truly made a big difference in the spirit of our home and the focus of our Christmas. I felt the spirit so strongly all month long and my emotions were so close to the surface that I cried over and over! Sheesh!!!

Below are pictures of the highlights of our month---

~Downtown Carriage Ride in the princess carriage…ON THE COLDEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR so far!!! But luckily mom thought of everything---new ear warmers for everyone and hot chocolate to warm us from head to toe!

~Looking at lights in the “shi-shi” neighborhoods and I found the Nativity Scene I want…all white, about half-lift-size and simply elegant! I’ll save my pennies for that one!

~Christmas Party at Church where our friends the Milligans were Mr. & Mrs. Claus

~Christmas tree decorating---there was a little altercation about “who” got to put the star on top of the tree, so…..we had BOTH of the youngest Edgingtons do it! And the proof is in the pictures! SmileI have looked for a LONG time for a Star with the Holy Family for our tree topper…I LOVED this one and was so, so, so happy to find it!

~Highlights from Christmas Eve Nazarene Supper with the Milligans…

-Mary—aka—Lydia chasing the 3 Wisemen to get the “gifts they forgot to leave with the baby Jesus! “Hey….give me my gifts!”

-Wiseman Briggs wrapping his “robes” around him like a loincloth!

-Megan chose to be the Donkey this year…she informed us all, during her talk in Sacrament Meeting, that she ALWAYS had to be Mary---even when they had Christmas Eve with us last year! So, Lydia was Mary this year and LOVED IT! And I must say that Megan was THE CUTEST Donkey E-V-E-R!

-The wisemen, as if on cue, pointing to the star---and we got a photo of it! Briggs looks hilarious. And don't you love the "gifts" they made? :)

-Lydia not being able to say “Joseph”… she pronounces it “Jovis”! Hee, hee!

p.s. Lydia’s pregnant belly was too, too cute! And even better was when she whipped the pillow out of her pants---there are not secrets anymore!

-The Milligans made really cute sheep…don’t you love their little sheep hats? Smile

-It was so funny....we laughed way too much...it was quite the sacrilegious Christmas Eve Nativity. But the memories sure are great!

~Christmas Morning “haul” and the stockings

~Our newest nativity that the kids sanded and painted...it was so fun to have them work on it together and see their excitement about the end result. My sister, Heidi, told me about a website called www.pickyourplum.com where they have GREAT deals on crafts and fun gifts. We got the “kit” for $3.95! I think it’s my favorite one to add to my collection…it’s simplicity and the sweet hands that made it are my favorite!

No comments: