Welcome to our CHAOS! We do LOUD REALLY WELL (except Dad!) & make CRAZY LOOK GOOD!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Peritonsillar what???

So this has been an interesting week at our house. Sunday night I started getting a sore throat and felt weak and achy...."oh no", I thought....I'm getting the flu or strep. Ha! I wish!!! It actually did start out as strep and then progressed into what is called a peritonsillar abscess. Waaaaaaayyyyyyy worse than just strep! I could barely swallow...every time I did it felt like a knife was cutting my throat---yep---lovely, right? Finally went to the Dr. after 3 nights of not being able to sleep well and I had simply had it. He gave me some serious anti-biotics (yay!), steroids to reduce the swelling (whew!) and Lortab to help with the pain (hooray!!!!!). It's now Sunday morning and I'm almost back to normal. I still can only eat soft foods...bread is even too much. Still a little swelling and throat pain but thank heavens for medicine---sooooo grateful! Thanks to everyone who was so helpful-----Jessica, our sitter, who was a LIFESAVER and really went the extra mile with helping me out this week--you are amazing, Jessica! Karen & Anne for bringing dinner and watching my kids so I could sleep and recover. Jennifer & Paul, our friends who are a P.A and ENT Doc who gave me great advice and helped me understand things better. Netflix for having old episodes of Flashpoint online so that I could have a distraction while I couldn't sleep because of the pain. :) Lynn for bringing me chicken noodle soup---it tasted so good and felt even better on my throat. My Mom for coming this next week to help me with the kids so that I can catch up on the week I lost. My AWESOME family who really picked up the slack, let me rest, got along most of the time and even kept the house semi-clean! Chuck is and always will be the best....so helpful, understanding, calm and loving. I'm really blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people---love you all!!!

1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

Such a bummer to be sick!! Glad Flashpoint was keeping you company!